Career Information - Police Officer
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years old, but not more than 35 by Indiana Pension Law.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/50.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED.
- Must pass a criminal history / driver history / comprehensive background check.
- Must pass a physical agility test ILEA Standards
- Vertical Jump: Entry-13.5 inches Exit-16 inches
- One Minute Sit-ups: Entry-24 Exit-29
- 300 Meter Run: Entry-82 seconds Exit-71 seconds
- Maximum Push-ups: Entry-21 Exit-25
- 1.5 Mile Run: Entry-18 min. 56 sec. Exit-16 min. 28 sec.mandated by the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy.
- Written application
- Written / physical examination
- Voice stress test - CVSA
- Extensive background check
- Board interview
- Medical / psychological examination
- Acceptance by State Pension Board
- Patrol Officer Pay: (after academy) $59,157.81
- Second and third shift bonus: $975.00
- Longevity pay: (after 1st year) $100.00/yr
- Clothing allowance: $500.00
- 1 year of service completed: 5 days vacation
- 2 to 5 years of service completed: 10 days vacation
- 6 to 14 years of service completed: 15 days vacation
- 15 or more years of service completed: 20 days vacation
- Holidays: 10 per year
- Personal days: 4 per year
- State pension: 20 years of service, State administrative pension: City contributes to pension
- Insurance: City paid life insurance, several health insurance options available, dental and vision available as well