The Kendallville Municipal Airport offers safe, cost efficient, reliable travel options for Kendallville, Noble County and the region. We furnish a safe, effective atmoshpere for corporate and private travel options. We provide aviation options, generate economic events and community events for the public. We adhere to the strictest safety standards and customer service requirements. Our goal is to constantly improve the economic impact of the airport by working with business organizations and the community. We are constantly looking at ways to improve and enhance the safety, services and facilities of the airport.
About the Airport
- Chartered in November 1946, and has been in continuous operation since.
- For year ending 2015, 5,998 aircraft operations occurred at C62. That's 16.4 flights/day.
- Asphalt runway, 4,400 ft. x 72 ft.
- 12,500 lb. single wheel weight rating.
- 2 full length grass operating areas.
- Full length asphalt parallel taxiway.
- 4 connecting taxiways.
- Concrete tie-down, aircraft fueling and parking apron.
- LED based PCL (Pilot Controlled Lighting) runway lights, taxiway lights and high-intensity strobe lighting.
- Airport rotating beacon
- PAPI (Precision Approach Path Indicator) light system.
- AWOS (Automatic Weather Observation Station. Provides up to the minute weater information including:
- Wind speed
- Wind direction
- Visibility (miles)
- Ceiling (ft)
- Dew point
- Barometric pressure
- 100 ft. x 120 ft. main hangar.
- 34 "T" hangars.
- We house 45+ permanent aircraft at C62.
- Full service maintenance shop with certified A&P/IA (Airframe & Powerplant / Inspect and Authorize) aircraft mechanic.
- Published instrument approach and GPS approach.
- ATC (Air Traffic Control) and radar services provided out of Fort Wayne International Airport.